The 135 m2 residential unit on the ground floor of a house built by local architect Karl Band in 1951 was renovated and expanded individually in close coordination with the heritage protection authority. A central feature of the existing architecture, the original, exposed ribbed concrete floor and the preserved brick walls with embedded spolia from Cologne’s churches come to the fore.
The newly designed bathroom impresses with the oversized shower wall constructed from natural stone. However, the centrepiece of the apartment is the completely customised and functional kitchen. Its oak surfaces and polished marble worktops fit in perfectly with the harmonious selection of materials, coordinated with the existing features.